For more information, please visit:
The University of California, Berkeley invites applications for the 2014-2015 S.V. Ciriacy-Wantrup Postdoctoral Fellowships
In Natural Resource Economics and Political Economy
The S.V. Ciriacy-Wantrup Postdoctoral Fellowships in Natural Resource Economics and Political Economy will be awarded for the 2014-15 academic year to support advanced research at the University of California, Berkeley.
For the purposes of this fellowship, natural resources are defined broadly to include environmental resources. The fellowship encourages, but is not limited to, policy- oriented research. Applications are open to scholars from any social science discipline and related professional fields such as law and planning, who will make significant contributions to research on natural resource economics broadly defined. Preference will be given to proposals whose orientation is broadly institutional and/or historical, and which are conceptually and theoretically innovative. Proposals with a primarily statistical or econometric purpose are not eligible for consideration.
Applications must be received by December 9, 2013.
A complete application consists of the following:
- A one paragraph abstract
- A research proposal not to exceed 10 pages
- Curriculum vitae
- One or more recent publications
- Three letters of recommendation from faculty members familiar with the candidate's research. Applicants should ask referees to review the UC Berkeley Statement of Confidentiality
- Indication of preferred departmental affiliation and/or faculty mentor for the fellowship tenure
- Specification of type of award: postdoctoral or visiting research.
- Applicants for the Visiting Research Fellowship must include a statement from their home institution concurring with the leave of absence for the duration of the fellowship term.
Apply online: https://aprecruit.berkeley.edu/apply/JPF00228
Questions may be directed to Ruxin Liu by e-mail at email@example.com by phone at (510) 643-9579.
We would greatly appreciate your letting us know how you found out about this award. Send a brief note to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Applicants must have received their doctorate or equivalent within the last five years. The total duration of an individual's postdoctoral service may not exceed five years, including postdoctoral service at other institutions.
The University of California is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer