The program welcomes applications from students needing support for research projects, travel expenses, and training supplies associated with their academic pursuits in one of the STEM fields.
The scholarship will fund one undergraduate or graduate student for one year, providing $3,000 in direct costs. The scholarship is merit-based, and applicants can show their qualifications and need in the application process.
LabRoots supports undergraduate and graduate students pursuing degrees in Science, Technology, Engineering and Mathematics (STEM) disciplines. This program is open to students both in, and outside the US; there are no geographical limits for applicants. LabRoots wishes to encourage all students to stay in science and aims to help students work towards their research and educational goals.
- Applicants must be currently enrolled in a graduate or undergraduate program (BSc or higher) for the 17/18 academic year; or a high school senior 17 years of age or older
- The degree program / research area must be in a STEM field
- Academic Status and Institution
- Proposal of intent; this can include current or future project, desired filed of study, etc. (Your proposal will be limited to 4000 characters, including spaces. You must enter a minimum of 250 words.)
LabRoots will review all applicants and the winner of the scholarship will be notified by email before June 1, 2017. Selection is based on academic achievement and on the written proposal.
- No fee is required for the scholarship application
- There are no restrictions on how the award can be used by the recipient
- Proof of identity may be required
- It is the recipients responsibility to inform the appropriate academic office that you have received the award (often outside awards must be disclosed to your admissions office)
- The award will be paid directly to you