NIH Administrative Relief for Recipients Impacted by Hurricanes Fiona and Ian
Submitted by Alondra Caraballo Franco on
The guide notice that explain the OMB flexibilities for our recipients that were impacted by Hurricanes Fiona and Ian and the Alaska Flood and Landslide is now available. The impacted areas are Puerto Rico, Florida, North and South Carolina, and Alaska.
NOT-OD-23-065: OMB Administrative Relief for Recipients Impacted by Hurricanes Fiona and Ian and the Alaska Flood and Landslide
- The flexibilities were issued by OMB on Dec 23, 2022 and will expire in 90 days which is March 23, 2023.
- No-cost extensions – follows our standard policy – if impacted recipients grants ended by 12/31/2, they can extend for up to 12cm. Let’s chat with regard to MYF awards.
- Abilities to pay salaries and other project activities –
i. Unallowable to charge salary and fringe for work that was not performed unless the recipient has a policy in place that permits such costs regardless of the source of funds.
ii. Travel cancellations and other delays in events that would not have been normally allowable on the grant can be paid.
iii. Overall, there is no guarantee that additional funds will be available to recipient should paying these costs associated with i or ii result in a shortage.
- Prior approval
i. Not required for rebudgeting unless it is a change of scope. – follows our standard policy
- Extensions for submitting reports
i. Recipient needs to make GMB aware that they need additional time to submit regulatory reports and we will document the file. As a note, we do not provide an actual approval and this does not stop any late notifications.
- F&A rate agreements
i. If the agreement is close to expiring, we will continue to use it for an additional year if they are not able to get it renewed right away
- Extension of single audit submission – if the single audit submission was due between 9/18/22 and 12/31/22, they will get an automatic 6 months extension
Please take a look at the guidance when you have time. If you have any questions, please let us know
Also, additional guidance for the Hurricane relief will be issued soon. Guidance with regard to the potential supplemental relief for Puerto Rico, Florida, North and South Carolina. Alaska flooding and mudslides are NOT part of the supplemental relief