Welcome to the UPR- IPERT community! This program—your program—aims to make more university students from different disciplines and socio-economic profiles broaden their competencies in biomedical research topics and areas related to health.
We seek to train professionals who are persevering, empowered, committed to Puerto Rico and with an interdisciplinary vision of health.
We would like to recruit more members like you!
Undergraduate students of Social Sciences or Natural Sciences interested in conducting graduate studies in the biomedical sciences, behavioral sciences and other areas related to the study of health.
Professors interested in strengthening their research, committed to the mentoring of undergraduate students.
The UPR-IPERT Program offers you ...
- Access to a network of virtual mentors through PR Science and the National Research Mentoring Network (NRMN).
- Workshops to improve your skills in quantitative and statistical analysis (in different locations throughout Puerto Rico)
- Virtual seminars (webinars) that address issues of biomedical research, as well as ethical, social and environmental aspects that affect health.
- Tools to prepare your professional development plan (PDP)
- Online Research Certificates: 6 virtual modules * Available in August 2018
- Workshops to improve your mentor skills (for teachers)
In order to take full advantage of the benefits of the program, we recommend that you also enroll in the National Research Mentoring Network (NRMN), a consortium that seeks to diversify the biomedical workforce and provides countless resources to support you in your professional development (workshops, Webinars, virtual mentoring, certificates and much more).
Soon, we will have detailed information on these and other opportunities in the UPR-IPERT section in CienciaPR.
If you are a student or professor of the UPR, we ask you to communicate with your university's link contact to obtain more information about the resources and activities available.