- About Puerto Rico
- Scientific Journals
- Governmental Organizations
- Professional Organizations
- Science Organizations for the General Public
- Video and Podcasts
About Puerto Rico
History of Scientific Research in Puerto Rico: Prepared by José G. Rigau Pérez, MD, MPH, for CienciaPR. Dr. Rigau Pérez is a member of the Puerto Rican Academy of History.
- Acta Científica (please contact Dr. Ariel Lugo at firstname.lastname@example.org to receive)
- Bioaventura Tropical - Educational magazine for students, parents, and teachers
- Caribbean Journal of Science
- Espeleorevista - bi-annual publication of the Puerto Rican Speleology Federation. For more information visit: cuevaspr.org
- Inventio - magazine that highlights research at the UPR Rio Piedras
- Journal of Agriculture University of Puerto Rico
- Marejada - Biennial magazineof the Sea Grant program of the University of Puerto Rico
- Puerto Rico Health Science Journal
- Puerto Rican Journal of Medicine and Public Health
- Simbiósis- Electronic journal about information sciences
- AAAS - Caribbean Division
- American College of Cardiology - Puerto Rico Chapter
- American Psychiatric Society - Puerto Rico Chapter
- Association of Inventors of Puerto Rico
- Association of University Professors of Puerto Rico
- Caribbean Food Crop Society
- Caribbean Society of Astronomy
- College of Chemists of Puerto Rico
- College of Engineers and Surveyors of Puerto Rico
- College of Medical Technologists of Puerto Rico
- College of Nursing Professionals
- College of Optometrists of Puerto Rico
- College of Pharmacists of Puerto Rico
- College of Surgeons of Puerto Rico
- College of Surgical Dentists of Puerto Rico
- College of Veterinary Doctors of Puerto Rico
- College of Agronomists of Puerto Rico
- Dermatological Society of Puerto Rico
- Epidemiological Association of Puerto Rico
- Geological Society of Puerto Rico
- Gerontological Society of Puerto Rico
- Hispanic Toxicologists Organization
- Initiative for Women in Agriculture
- Latin American Scientific Society for Agroecology: Puerto Rican Chapter
- Medical Association of Puerto Rico
- Nematologist Organization of the American Tropics
- Nephrology and Hypertension Society of Puerto Rico
- Nuclear Medicine Society of Puerto Rico
- Ornithological Society of Puerto Rico
- Psychological Association of Puerto Rico
- Puerto Rican Academy of Neurology
- Puerto Rican Educators Network
- Puerto Rican Librarian Society
- Puerto Rican Physical Medicine and Rehabilitation Association
- Puerto Rican Society of Agricultural Sciences
- Puerto Rican Society of Micology
- Puerto Rican Society of Ophtalmology
- Puerto Rican Society of Pediatrics
- Puerto Ricans in Neuroscience
- Puerto Rico Physiological Society
- Society of Hispanic Professional Engineers, University of Puerto Rico, Mayaguez
- Society of Anestesiology of Puerto Rico
- Society of Microbiologists of Puerto Rico
- Speleological Federation of Puerto Rico
- Speleological Society of Puerto Rico
- Teachers Federation of Puerto Rico
- Urological Association of Puerto Rico
Science Organizations for the General Public
- Astronomical Society of Caribbean - Nonprofit organization composed of professionals, students, and community members that share an interest and passion for astronomy
- Astronomical Society of Puerto Rico - Nonprofit organization that promotes amateur astronomical observation and disseminates information about astronomy. The society is affiliated to NASA through the Puerto Rico Space Grant Consortium.
- AvesPR - Ornithology and birding comunity for those interested in the birds of Puerto Rico
- Ciudadano Científico - The citizen scientist website of the Puerto Rico Conservation Trust. Take a look at their excellent educational events, which are typically free and open to the public!
- Consortium for the San Juan Bay Estuary - Non-profit organization to protect and conserve the estuary ecosystem of the San Juan bay. They offer scientific activities for the general public
- Foundation for the Speleological Research of the Puerto Rican Karse - To be member of FIEKP it is necessary to be committed to natural resources and to have an interest in exploring caves and cooperating to reach the goals of the organization.
- Mi Puerto Rico Verde - One of the bests websites for those interested in conservation, green living, and
- San Juan Bay Estuary Program - Conservation program for this extensive and important urban estuary in Puerto Rico. They offer many educational activities for the entire family.
- Puerto Rico eBird - News about bird watching in Puerto Rico. Citizen scientists may submit their observations and brwose through data about our birds.
- Puerto Rico Seismic Network - Part of the University de Puerto Rico, Mayagüez Geology Department. In addition to detecting, investigating, and informing about seismic activity around Puerto Rico, they also provide great educational resources.
- Regional Hurricane Center - Nonprofit and consulting organization dedicated to the study, forecasting, analysis, and research of weather conditions.
- Sierra Club of Puerto Rico - One of the largest conservation organizations for members of the general public
Blogs about Science from CienciaPR Members
Below we list the external science blogs of some of our CienciaPR Members. You can see all of the latest entries in these blogs on this page. And if you have an external science blog that you would like us to reference, please contact us to let us know.
- A Ciencia Cierta - Blog from a University of Puerto Rico, Cayey professor
- The Bald Scientist - Blog from a University Professor and Researcher, with degrees in General Science, Biochemistry, and Pharmacology, Neurobiology
- Biodiversidad de Puerto Rico - Essays and pictures about the flora, fauna, and ecosystems in the Isle of Enchantment"
- Blog de Ciencia - Virtual space to educate about the conservation of our environment, our natural resources, technological knowledg and more
- Caribbean Paleobiology - Blog about marine fossils and vertebrates from the Caribbean region from a paleobiology perspective
- Ciencia e Independencia - Blog from a physical science professor from the UPR, Rio Piedras
- Ciencias Terrestres, Geología y Puerto Rico - Blog to educate about geology
- Chipojo Lab - Blog by Dr. Manuel Leal, who writes about his adventures and experiences in research and mentoring as a lizard ecologist at Duke University.
- Lueny Morell - Blog about innovation, science, and education from a Puerto Rican engineer who is now working at Hewlett-Packard
- Palo de Pollo - Blog to communicate the ecology research work in the Humacao Natural Reserve
- Raciocinio - Personal blog from a forestry research and doctoral student at the University of Purdue
- Simply Statistics - Blog from CienciaPR member Rafael Irizarry and two other statistics professors about exciting opportunities for the discipline in the era of high-complexity data
- So-cien-cia - Musings from a our Vice-Director about the intersection of science, education and society
Video and Podcasts
- Mi Upi Investiga - Get to know the exciting research that is being conducted at the University of Puerto Rico
- Microbe World - Educational program to improve appreciation and comprehension about microorganisms and the role they play in our planet.
- Videotheque about Puerto Rican Fauna - A collection of videos that inform and showcase the wonders of Puerto Rican fauna
- ALACIMA: Alliance for Science and Mathematics Learning
- Caguas Center for Science and Technology (C3TEC)
- Central-Oriental Technological Initiative (INTECO)
- Council for the Advancement of Puerto Rico Research and Innovation
- Guayacán Group
- Industry University Research Consortium (INDUNIV)
- Institute of Science and Technology in Latin America
- UPR Neuro-ID Undergraduate Program
- Puerto Rico Industrial Development Company (PRIDCO)
- Puerto Rico Alliance for the Advancement of Biomedical Research Excellence
- Universia Puerto Rico
- Water Resources of Puerto Rico
Want to see other organizations or resources on this page?
Please send us additional suggestions.