8TH ANNUAL NIH CAREER SYMPOSIUM: MAY 15, 2015
Natcher Conference Center, Building 45
May 15, 2015 8:00 am - 5:00 pm
This event is recommended for: Graduate Students; Postdocs/Fellows.
The NIH Career Symposium highlights the diversity of career choices available to yourgeneration of biomedical researchers. Whether you are a new graduate student, postdoc, or clinical fellow just beginning to consider career options or a senior student/fellow ready to look for a job, the NIH Career Symposium is for you.
We invite any postdoc, clinical fellow or PhD-level graduate student to join us, regardless if you are part of the NIH intramural program or not.
Wondering what the Career Symposium is all about? Check out past events here.
Highlights and new things for 2015!
Speakers will be posted in mid-late April. Panels subject to change.
International Opportunities in Science (new in 2015)
- Two panels: one from Asia/Australia, one from Europe
- Careers in Industry R&D
- Careers in Clinical Research and Medical Affairs
- Industry Careers in Business Development and Marketing
- Industry Operations, Quality Control, and Regulatory Affairs Jobs
- How to Successfully Transition to Industry
- Bench Careers in Unexpected Places
- Finding an Academic Position
- Academic Careers in Unexpected Places
- How to Start Up a Lab for the First Time
- Teaching-Intensive Careers in Academia
- Careers in Science Policy
- Technology Transfer Careers
- Careers in Science Administration
- Leveraging Your Science Through Business: Consulting Careers
- Science Education and Outreach Careers
- Careers in Science Communication
- Career Options for Clinicians
- Demystifying USAjobs.gov
- Finding Ways to Enhance Your Resume
- Networking and Informational Interviews
- Resumes and Cover Letters
- Top Ten Tips for Grant Writing
- Using LinkedIn for Career Success
- Finding a Postdoc
- Stress Management for Scientists
- Find the Career for You
- Getting Published: Tips from an Editor
- Unraveling the Myths of Industry