Apply for SfN’s Neuroscience Scholars Program
Submitted by Ariadna S. Rubio Lebrón on
The Neuroscience Scholars Program (NSP) is a two-year online training program open to underrepresented graduate students and postdoctoral researchers.
Building on a 40 year history, NSP provides resources focused on career advancement issues, the research process, and cutting-edge scientific content. NSP participants have access to:
- Live events and webinars
- Educational resources
- An online group for those seeking career connections
- Guidance from mentors and NSP Alumni
All eligible applicants will be invited to become NSP Associates and gain access to exclusive live and recorded content on Neuronline. Additionally, up to 18 applicants will be selected for the NSP Fellows Program in 2023.
Highlights of the two-year program include:
- A travel award to attend two SfN annual meetings.
- A travel award to attend the 2023 NSP summer leadership conference.
- Up to $1,500 in professional development funds each year to support approved activities.
- Two years of complimentary SfN membership.
- A matched mentor.
- Access to an NSP community and network of more than 1,000 alumni.
Applicants must be:
- Citizens or permanent residents of the United States
- Enrolled in a graduate degree-granting program or postdoctoral fellowship
- Candidates must be from a group recognized as underrepresented in the biomedical, behavioral, clinical, and social sciences, including:
- Blacks or African Americans
- Hispanics or Latinos
- American Indians or Alaska Natives
- Native Hawaiians and other Pacific Islanders
- Individuals with disabilities, defined as physical or mental impairment that substantially limits one or more major life activities
- Individuals from disadvantaged backgrounds, defined as those who meet two or more of the criteria defined in the Notice of NIH's Interest in Diversity.
NSP applications must include:
- Adviser's Biosketch
- Two-year plan (500 words)
- Professional goals statement (500 words)
- Two letters of recommendation
- Unofficial transcripts:
- Graduate students - both undergraduate- and graduate-level
- Postdoctoral researchers - graduate-level only
Learn more and apply to become a Neuroscience Scholar today! Applications close February 15th.