The United Negro College Fund, the National Science Foundation, the Biotechnology Innovation Organization (BIO), the Ernest E. Just Institute for the Life Sciences, University of New Hampshire I-Corps, CSU I-Corps, MIT I-Corps, and Penn I-Corps have partnered to offer a Bio-Entrepreneurship Workshop during the Biotechnology International Conference (BIO 2019; convention.bio.org) in Philadelphia, Pennsylvania June 2-5, 2019.
COMPLETE THE APPLICATION FORM
Applications are due Monday, April 15 at 5 PM eastern time
A 3-day I-Corps Bio-Entrepreneurship Workshop, including BIO International Convention exhibition access. Work on teams with industry mentors to learn about biotechnology commercialization, grow your professional network, and explore entrepreneurial opportunities that build on basic research.
Early-career life science researchers from groups underrepresented in biotechnology research organizations. Research-active undergraduate and graduate students, postdoctoral fellows, and assistant professors from universities and colleges nationwide are eligible to participate. Researchers from Historically Black Colleges and Universities, Hispanic Serving Institutions, Tribal Colleges and Universities, and minority-serving institutions are especially encouraged to apply.
Philadelphia, Pennsylvania (Campus of University of Pennsylvania and BIO International Convention)
June 2-5, 2018 (Sunday evening reception + three full days Monday – Wednesday)
- Sunday, June 2: Arrive in Philadelphia, attend optional evening reception
- Monday, June 3: All-day workshop
- Tuesday, June 4: Morning training, Afternoon at BIO 2019
- Wednesday, June 5: Morning at BIO 2019, Afternoon Report-Out and De-Briefing.
Participant expenses, including travel, lodging, meals, and transportation will be covered by the program.
- Experience working in diverse teams to identify and solve problems
- Understand evidence-based entrepreneurship as taught by NSF I-Corps nodes and sites nationwide
- Apply evidence-based entrepreneurship concepts via customer discovery at the BIO 2019 exhibition
- Learn how to maximize efficiency in learning and networking in a conference environment
- Learn about life sciences commercialization
How to Apply
Complete the Application form here: https://goo.gl/forms/Y6BOJJsJ3zNP071N2
Applications are due Monday, April 15 at 5 pm eastern time.