Postdoc position available
Place: Department of Chemical Engineering, University of Puerto Rico
Duration: minimum of 1 year, can be renewed for 1 additional year.
Field: Biomedical Engineering
We are looking for a passionate and motivated PhD graduate with expertise in immunology to join our biomedical engineering group in a breast cancer research project funded by the National Institutes of Health.
The Domenech group () seeks to recruit a Post-doctoral fellow who will take on a highly ambitious research project aiming to accelerate the development of biomimetic and therapy predictive tumor models by building upon prior tumor models developed in our lab and exploiting recent technological advancements in 3D bioprinting methods. The project is focused on the 3D modeling of tumor-macrophage interactions in oncogenic Hedgehog signaling of triple-negative breast cancer. In this role, you will have the unique opportunity to be part of a multidisciplinary research team and employ novel culture technologies to impact the development of tumor-biomimetic in vitro models.
- PhD degree in molecular biology, developmental biology, cancer, immunology or equivalent
- Excellent technical skills in molecular biology; experience working with immune cells, experience in microfluidics is a plus
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills in English; skills in Spanish is a plus
- Self-motivated and eager to learn
- Good team player, commitment, and creativity
- At least one first-author paper in a peer-reviewed journal
- A great working environment in a strong multidisciplinary team (cancer medicine, data mining, bioengineering, biomaterials) team
- Opportunities for professional development
- Flexible working hours and access to state-of-the-art infrastructure
- Great location in the west-side of Puerto Rico- downtown and close to outstanding beaches
- Salary $40-$45k/annual plus fringe benefits (includes Christmas bonus, sick and leave days, and medical insurance)
If interested and believe you are qualified for this position, please send the requested documents to: email@example.com. Use "Postdoc application" in the subject line
Applications should at least contain your Curriculum Vitae including a list of research products ( publications, patents, etc), a cover letter, a copy of your official transcript letter, copy of your PhD. Diploma and the contact details of two references.
The application deadline is September 30th 2022. Applications will be reviewed on a rolling basis until the position is filled.