The UCLA SPUR-LABS summer program provides a rigorous research training experience for undergraduates with interests in a broad range of bioscience disciplines—from molecules to organisms and from basic to translational science. Exceptional research training, integrated with professional development activities, will prepare students to succeed in leading Ph.D. and M.D./Ph.D. programs. The program aims to contribute to diversity, inclusion, and the elimination of barriers to participation in bioscience research careers.
· Hands-on research experience mentored by an outstanding UCLA faculty member
· Training in a world-class research environment that includes medical school and college bioscience programs close together on one campus
· Academic and professional development advising
· Weekly seminars and workshops on career skills including science writing and presenting
· Science writing skills tutor for developing an abstract to submit to national conferences
· Individualized guidance on applying to graduate school including GRE preparation
· Networking with bioscience students and faculty
· Eight-week option: June 23 – August 17, 2018
· Ten-week option: June 23 – August 30, 2018
All participants will take part in the same activities, including a poster presentation at the end of the eighth week. Participants in the ten-week program will have two additional weeks to work in the laboratory and prepare the final research paper.
Applications for the summer 2019 program are due by February 12, 2019 at 12:00 PM.
For more information visit the SPUR LABS website.