Inform students and teachers about the scientific work carried out by STEM professionals
Motivate students for scientific issues and/or pursue careers in STEM
Provide an expert resource for Puerto Rico science teachers
Provide a communication space for STEM professionals with an interest in impacting students in Puerto Rico
Requirements to participate:
- Fill out the Interest Form. Filling out the interest application will NOT guarantee that a visit will be assigned. Visits will be assigned according to the school's need and availability.
- Comply with the profile of the Scientists for Service
- STEM professionals (from public, academic, or private sectors) with an advanced degree in a STEM discipline
- Graduate students in a STEM discipline
- Undergraduate students with at least 2-3 years of undergraduate research
- Knowledge in STEM and/or advance research experiences*
- Possess good oral communication skills
- Have an interest in impacting students at Puerto Rican schools
- Submit a resumé or CV
- Submit a Certificate of Good Conduct of Puerto Rico (current, and ONLY for confirmed in-person visits)
- Be willing to:
- Follow the protocol of visits to schools according to the visit guide
- Complete forms / surveys required by the program
*Participating STEM professionals will receive a certificate from Ciencia la Servicio and the results of the student's assessment
- Educators can register their student group (s) and receive a confirmation with a link to share. Currently, the registry is closed. Pending the announcement of future talks.
- The information of each talk (topic, STEM professional, dates and times) are announced through this portal and our social networks, newsletters and media.
Here you will find some of the resources shared with the participants of the Scientists at Service project (in Spanish).
Contact us: firstname.lastname@example.org