Welcome to CienciaPR, an expert and resource network for all who are interested in science and Puerto Rico.
Medical School-University of Minnesota
Graduate School- Neuroscience, Univ of Minnesota
Currently- Child Neurology Fellow at CHOP
1. Keene CD, Ortiz-Gonzalez XR, Jiang Y, Verfaillie CM and Low WC. “Therapeutic Applications of Bone Marrow–Derived Stem Cells in Neurologic Injury and Disease” chapter in Cell Therapy, Stem Cells and Brain Repair, edited by Sandberg et. al. Humana Press, Sept 2006, pp 163-198.
2. Burns TC*, Ortiz-González XR*, Gutiérrez Pérez M*, Keene CD, Sharda R, Demorest ZL, Jiang Y, Soriano M, Nakagawa Y, Luquin Piudo MR, Garcia-Verdugo JM, Prósper F, Low WC, Verfaillie CM “Thymidine analogs are transferred from prelabeled donor to host cells in the central nervous system after transplantation: a word of caution” Stem Cells. 2006 Apr;24(4):1121-7.
3. Ortiz-Gonzalez XR, Keene CD, Verfaillie CM, Low WC. “Neural induction of adult bone marrow and umbilical cord stem cells.” Curr Neurovasc Res. 2004 Jul;1(3):207-13.
4. Keene CD*, Ortiz-Gonzalez XR*, Jiang Y, Largaespada DA, Verfaillie CM, Low WC. “Neural differentiation and incorporation of bone marrow-derived multipotent adult progenitor cells after single cell transplantation into blastocyst stage mouse embryos”.
Cell Transplant. 2003;12(3):201-13.
5. Jiang Y, Jahagirdar BN, Reinhardt RL, Schwartz RE, Keene CD, Ortiz-Gonzalez XR, Reyes M, Lenvik T, Lund T, Blackstad M, Du J, Aldrich S, Lisberg A, Low WC, Largaespada DA, Verfaillie CM. “Pluripotency of mesenchymal stem cells derived from adult marrow”.
Nature. 2002 Jul 4;418(6893):41-9.
6. Olson TH, Riedl MS, Vulchanova L, Ortiz-Gonzalez XR, Elde R. "An acid sensing ion channel (ASIC) localizes to small primary afferent neurons in rats." Neuroreport 1998 Apr 20;9(6):1109-1113
7. Hamamoto DT, Ortiz-Gonzalez XR, Honda JM, Kajander KC. "Intraplantar injection of hyaluronic acid at low pH into the rat hindpaw produces tissue acidosis and enhances withdrawal responses to mechanical stimuli." Pain 1998 Feb;74(2-3):225-234
*contributed equally to this publication
Find resources related to scientific publications
See our funding feeds from the NIH and the NSF
See our jobs feeds from various sources.