Welcome to CienciaPR, an expert and resource network for all who are interested in science and Puerto Rico.
Project Title: Transcriptimic Analysis of Cobalt Stress on the Marine Yeast Debaryomyces hansenii
• RNAseq data analysis of extremophilic marine yeast exposed to subtoxic levels of cobalt.
• Use of bioinformatic software and databases in the transcriptomic approach for analysis of the genetic response of the yeast.
• Performed yeast cultivation, growth, exposure to cobalt, and RNA extraction; sequence mapping, expression analysis, and functional annotation.
• Expression confirmed via qRT-PCR approach via the Mx3005P analyzer (Stratagene). Performed primer design.
• Research paper on subject in submission process for FEMS Yeast Research.
Project Title: EFRI-HyBi-0938157: Bioengineering a System for the Direct Production Biological Hydrocarbons for Biofuels
• Performed cloning and heterologous expression of plant hydrocarbon producing gene in a marine yeast.
• Performed chemical mutations, DNA extraction, TA cloning, southern blot, western blot, and qRT-PCR for the expression and detection of target gene in the heterologous system.
Find resources related to scientific publications
See our funding feeds from the NIH and the NSF
See our jobs feeds from various sources.