As part of our commitment to creating a diverse, equitable, and inclusive academic culture in the College of Engineering and Applied Science (CEAS) at the University of Colorado Boulder, we are launching a new college-wide search for multiple tenured/tenure track faculty positions rostered among any/all of the six departments and six interdisciplinary programs in the college. We anticipate hiring at the assistant and associate professor levels, although qualified candidates will be considered at the full professor rank. Students finishing their PhD degrees are encouraged to apply.
Candidates must have an earned Ph.D. or equivalent degree, or expect to have completed their Ph.D. at the time of starting a faculty appointment, in a field appropriate to their tenure home department or program.
To apply, please submit the following materials:
2. A 1-page cover letter describing your interest in the position and summarizing your personal academic goals.
3. Statement of your vision, experience, and future plans to promote a diverse, equitable, and inclusive academic culture. We recognize that faculty play many roles, including promoting excellence in teaching, research, mentoring, and service to the university and the profession. (2-4 pages). There are some suggestions for preparing application materials at https://www.colorado.edu/engineering/support-faculty-applicants
4. Statement of your experience and plans for teaching and student mentoring (2-4 pages).
5. Statement of your experience and plans for research and/or creative work that contribute to the body of knowledge in your field and broader benefits to education and society (2-4 pages).
6. Names and contact information for three or more references for this position who are prepared to submit a letter of recommendation to be considered along with your application.
If you have any questions, feel free to contact me directly, at email@example.com.
Saludos a todos,
Fernando L. Rosario-Ortiz, D.Env.
Professor, Department of Civil, Environmental, and Architectural Engineering
Director, Environmental Engineering Program
University of Colorado Boulder