Annual Application Deadlines: April 1 and October 15
Grant application materials become available in early January and July
Researchers who are within 3 years of receiving a doctoral degree may apply for initial funding to start training for an independent career in cancer research (including basic, preclinical, clinical, cancer control, psychosocial, behavioral, epidemiology, health services and health policy research).
Applicants must be US citizens or permanent residents.
Grant Term and Budget (Newly Increased)
Awards may be for 3 years with newly increased progressive stipends of $52,000, $54,000, and $56,000 per year
Note: The 1-year fellowship has been eliminated. Resubmissions are grandfathered in and will be accepted.
Other Benefits (Newly Updated)
- $4,000/year fellowship allowance
- An additional $1,500 to the fellowship allowance in the last year to attend the ACS Postdoctoral Fellows Symposium or a domestic scientific meeting
- Option for up to 12 weeks paid maternity/paternity leave for new parents
Depending on availability of special endowment funds, the American Cancer Society annually selects one or more of the top-ranked fellowships to be supplemented above the standard stipend.
Categorías de Contenido:
- Industry and Entrepreneurs
- Other Science Careers
- Scientific Categories
- Atmospheric and Terrestrial Sciences
- Biological and health sciences
- Chemistry and Physical Sciences
- Engineering, math, and computer science
- Environmental and agricultural sciences
- Social Sciences