Leader Wanted to Fill Position of Outreach Vice Chair
The National Postdoctoral Association (NPA) is currently seeking a strong, dedicated leader to serve as the Vice Chair of the Outreach Committee. If you know someone who can fill this position (including yourself), let us know.
About the Outreach Committee
The Outreach Committee promotes the public image of the NPA and reaches out to those with a stake in postdoctoral training including postdocs, faculty, and administrators, as well as the media. This committee is always seeking outgoing, fun, and dependable individuals to increase the influence and visibility of the NPA through contacts with institutions, professional societies, print and online publishers, and even commercial entities. This committee is perfect for a "people-person."
Mission: To conduct outreach activities to promote the mission, values, goals, and business objectives of the NPA.
- Promote resources, projects, policy issues, events, and related activities of the NPA including National Postdoc Appreciation Week.
- Develop and implement an Annual Marketing Plan, in collaboration with the Office and Marketing manager.
- Develop and implement initiatives to recruit, retain, and better engage NPA members.
- Cultivate relationships with news media and seek coverage of topics that support other committees' work.
- Actively maintain an NPA presence on social media outlets.
- Cultivate relationships with professional societies, industry, and other groups interested in postdoctoral training.
The Vice Chair position is a great opportunity to develop or hone leadership skills, expand professional networks, advance the mission of the NPA, and work with a wonderful group of colleagues from across the United States. Most business is accomplished via teleconference, e-mail, and long-distance communications. No experience is needed. Postdocs and administrators are strongly encouraged to consider service in the position.
The Committee Vice Chair is responsible for assisting the Chair with all of the duties listed above. The Chair and Vice Chair will work together to divide the tasks and responsibilities of the positions as they see fit. The Vice Chair will assume the role of the Chair in the event that the Chair is unable to fulfill their duties.
Eligibility is limited to members of the NPA, including Sustaining Member representatives. If you are not a member but you are interested in a position, visit the Join the NPA http://www.nationalpostdoc.org/membership/join-us page for membership details.
All interested persons must submit a one (1) page application statement and a one (1) page CV detailing your leadership experience. The application statement should include:
(1) Applicant's qualifications for the position
(2) What the applicant can bring to the position, and
(3) The applicant's interest and experience with the NPA and its mission.
All application statements must be e-mailed to vice chair of the NPA Board: email@example.com by May 25, 2013.
To learn more about the work involved, or if you are interested in being considered, please contact Mahadeo Sukhai, Vice Chair, NPA Board of Directors.