High School Chemistry & Physics Teacher
Caribbean School Science department seeks a Chemistry and Physics teacher for a full-time opening for the 2019-2020 school year. Ideal candidates would be able to instruct students in a variety of chemistry courses like General Chemistry and PreCollege Chemistry and additional physical science courses like General Physics, Meteorology and Astronomy. Preference will be given to candidates whose degree programs and qualifications include work in chemistry and physics, and who have teaching experience or educational training for high school instruction and pedagogy.
• Plan, prepare and deliver lesson plans, projects and instructional resources/activities that facilitate learning
• Ensure lesson plans are rigorous, clear, measurable, and aligned with school curriculum.
• Develop and use a variety of assessments that frequently measure student progress toward the school’s content and mathematics standards.
• Communicate effectively with students, parents, and colleagues.
• Share responsibility for grade level and school-wide activities
• Knowledgeable in current instructional methodologies and ability to differentiate instruction in a challenging academic setting.
• Experienced and versed in the use of technology in the classroom.
• Participate in ongoing training sessions.
• Maintain grade books.
• Grade papers and perform other administrative duties as needed.
• Read and stay abreast of current topics in education.
• Utilize curricula that reflect the diverse educational, cultural, and linguistic backgrounds of the students served.
• Develop professional relationships with other agencies and programs.
• Work with program coordinators to ensure initiatives are being met.
• Establish and communicate clear objectives for all learning activities.
• Observe and evaluate student's performance.
• Manage student behavior in the classroom by invoking approved disciplinary procedures.
JOB REQUIREMENTS AND QUALIFICATIONS
• Bachelor’s degree in subject matter or relevant work experience. Masters preferred.
• Current Teaching License
• Experience working with relevant classroom technology.
• Excellent verbal and written communication skills
• Must enjoy working and learning with children.
• Proficiency in English
TO APPLY: Send resume in English to firstname.lastname@example.org