NINDS is hiring Health Program Specialists (apply by 1/23)
Submitted by Ariadna S. Rubio Lebrón on
The National Institute of Neurological Disorders and Stroke (NINDS) is hiring Health Program Specialists! The application window is open now and closes January 23 at 11:59 PM ET. Although the job announcement was launched by the National Institute on Aging, NINDS will be hiring off this job announcement to fill our own vacancies.
What is a Health Program Specialist?
These individuals support, plan, coordinate, and screen proposed research projects relevant to various subject-matter areas (summarized below); assist with the design and detailed analysis of scientific and/or administrative factors affecting research program priorities and performance; evaluate grants programs; and provide guidance to grantees on research objectives, requirements, and compliance. Click to learn more about what this job entails. Neither a PhD nor a postdoc are required.
What positions are available?
- Division of Neuroscience (5 positions: click to learn more about each team)
- Division of Clinical Research (1 position)
- Scientific Review Branch (1 position)
- Office of Global Health and Health Disparities (1 position)
How do I apply?
If you have never applied to USAJOBS before, you may find these links (and similar advice pages online) helpful as you prepare your application.
- Applying for jobs in scientific administration
- Global recruitment tips
- HR tips on writing a federal resume
- Careers at NIH: Navigating USAJobs as an Academic Scientist
- NINDS is committed to workplace flexibility and offers a variety of schedule and duty station options (both local and remote).
- If you are currently a Federal employee or work in NIH Intramural, detail opportunities are also available.
- To view our current job opportunities, visit the NINDS Jobs page.
- Questions? Contact Ling Wong, Chief of Staff, Division of Neuroscience (firstname.lastname@example.org)