[UPDATED ON JANUARY 13, 2020 AT 9:44AM PT]
Several organizations and groups are seeking volunteers to provide a variety of services to victims of the earthquakes.
- A group of Puerto Rican structural engineers are organizing to travel to Puerto Rico to provide free building inspections in the most affected regions. If you are a structural engineer and would like to volunteer, sign up HERE. If you are in need of a building inspection, sign up HERE.
- The Puerto Rico Psychology Association is looking for volunteers to provide psychological and emotional support to people in southern Puerto Rico.
- Mentes Puertorriqueñas en Acción, a youth civic engagement organization, is looking for professionals who can volunteer their services (e.g., legal, medical, psychological, educational, business, etc.) to support victims of the earthquakes. You can sign up HERE.
- World Central Kitchen is looking for volunteers to help distribute food across their sites.
- Red por los Derechos de la Niñez y la Juventud de Puerto Rico is looking for volunteers to provide youth activities and support in southern Puerto Rico.
- You can offer emergency housing to people impacted by the earthquakes or traveling to offer assistance through AirBnB’s Open Homes program.
- Dr. Alexis Santos, demographer and professor at Penn State University will be conducting a survey (on January 18-19) among refugees in the Yauco area to assess their needs, and the earthquakes’ damage. You can volunteer to help conduct this survey HERE.
- Here’s a list with additional volunteering opportunities (if you know the author, email us at email@example.com to give them attribution).
The Association of Social Work Professionals of Puerto Rico is looking for social workers who can contribute their knowledge in crisis intervention, first aid in mental health, and family and community support.