LOCATION:Carolina, Puerto Rico
What You’ll Get to Do:
This position is responsible for the organization and coordination of manufacturing activities and the supervision of employees within their assigned cells and departments. Ensures adherence to established operations and safety policies and procedures. Use Lean tools to reduce scrap and improve operational efficiencies and product quality. Use continuous improvement methodologies to implement plans to increase efficiency and decrease waste. Provide employees with the tools necessary to work safely and efficiently, and provide positive employee motivation. Responsible for communications up and down the line and for assuring that communications from team members are accurate and complete. Ensure work is completed in accordance with production schedules.
How You’ll Make a Difference:
· Coordinate manufacturing activities at the cells based on customer priorities. Coordinate daily work schedules and assign duties to maintain adequate staff for effective performance of activities and response to fluctuating workloads.
· Ensure proper training in safety, core competencies, and continuous improvement for new and existing employees.
· Conduct performance reviews and recommend salary adjustments. Set expectations and hold people accountable for behavioral competencies and 4 I values.
· Conduct employee coaching and counseling for attendance, performance, and adherence to company policies and procedures.
· Process employee time records, absences, overtime, paid time off, etc while maintaining proper staffing.
· Create and maintain a safe work environment by engaging employees in reporting potential safety hazards, support of the EH&S guidelines and continual emphasis on safe work habits and working conditions. Investigate safety problems, develop corrective actions with EH&S and implement and communicate changes.
· Continuously assess the physical condition of the workplace regarding safety and ergonomic correctness. Implement 5S and maintain through audit process.
· Responsible for quality control. Makes adjustments as necessary during the shift to produce product within specifications. Rejects product outside of specifications and initiates 5 Why process.
· Leads or participates in investigation of quality non-conformances for the Area and determines appropriate corrective action.
· Ensure employees comply with established Standard Operating Procedures and Standard Operating Conditions including production related components of a quality system such as ISO.
· Use visual controls to monitor actual versus expected, and maintain discipline of daily accountability to drive improvement activities.
· Use visual management to track, monitor, and analyze production performance indicators, establish triggers, and ensure sustainable corrective actions are in place to improve quality, reduce waste, and improve efficiencies.
· Use visual management to constantly monitor efficiency of production systems, coordinate activities to correct issues, and use an escalation process to correct issues that cannot be immediately resolved.
· Use Continues Improvement Methodologies (PPI) to plan and implement projects that improve quality, decrease waste, and increase efficiency.
· Investigate production problems and failures. Identify possible causes and coordinate with appropriate functional areas in finding solutions.
· Ensure that all production equipment is validated and operating within specifications.
· Promote production effectiveness by communicating and cooperating with other departments to maintain or improve quantity or quality of production.
· In coordination with other supporting departments, drives process improvements and a culture of continuous improvement.
· Encourages employee’s engagement and fosters empowerment and ownership through leader standard work practices including frequent “line walks” and routine coaching on appropriate mindsets and behaviors.
· Initiates the awards and recognition process for individuals and/or teams, and celebrates area’s accomplishments.
· Organize and manage staffing levels to ensure adequate support for production needs.
· Participates in employee hiring and selection processes.
EDUCATION, EXPERIENCE, ABILITIES, and QUALIFICATIONS:
· BS/BA in science, engineering or industrial management with a minimum of 3+ years of experience in a supervisory role with a strong cell manufacturing experience.
· Knowledge of Microsoft Office including Word, Excel, and Power Point
· Demonstrated leadership skills in previous work experiences.
· Knowledge of an ERP system, SAP preferred.
· Continuous improvement methodology (PPI, TQM, 6σ, other)
· Lean tools, 5S, standardized work
· Ability to prioritize and work effectively in a fast-paced, results oriented environment
· Excellent oral and written communication skills
· Strong analytical, problem resolution, judgment and decision making skills
· Fluent in English and Spanish in verbal and written form.
Working conditions are normal for a manufacturing environment. Operation requires the use of safety equipment to include but not limited to: safety glasses and safety gloves.
Relocation assistance has been approved for this position.