The CONVERGE mission is to increase the presence of underrepresented and underserved students in MIT’s graduate programs. To achieve this goal, CONVERGE hosts a four-day graduate school preview weekend on the MIT campus during the fall.
- Selects participants who will be strong applicants to MIT graduate programs
- Exposes selected students to MIT’s graduate programs, facilities, and campus life
- Connects participants with MIT faculty, staff, and graduate students involved in the graduate school admissions process
- Covers all expenses for the preview weekend
Participants are selected by MIT faculty and invited to campus to learn about the Institute and graduate student life. Successful applicants are notified by email inviting them to attend the CONVERGE fall weekend.
- Students with high academic achievement and strong research background
- Juniors, seniors, and recent alumni within one to two years of applying to graduate school
- US citizens or permanent residents
- Grade point average of 3.7 or above
- Students with limited prior exposure to MIT’s campus or its graduate community