The Hispanic Association of Colleges and Universities seeks 20 talented and highly motivated students to intern in challenging assignments for this fall semester in Washington, DC. A full-time or part-time schedule can be accommodated; however intern must be able to work a minimum of 20 hours per week if electing a part-time schedule. The details of the internship assignment are at the end of this message.
- Have a minimum 3.0 GPA.
- Be enrolled in a degree program for the Fall 2013 semester
- Have completed their freshman year of college.
- Be a United States citizen or Permanent Resident
- Nutrition, Community Health, Health Communications, Dietetics
- Child Development, Human Development, Sociology
- Communications, Journalism, Public Relations
- Public Administration, Public Policy, Government
- Food Science, Food Technology, Microbiology, Toxicology
- Statistics, Math, Biostatics, Pre Vet, Epidemiology
- Human Resources, Accounting, Finance, Business
- Pre Law and Law students
- Conduct research and policy analysis
- Provide technical assistance with programs and assist with health promotion and outreach
- Assist with media outreach, briefing materials and social media initiatives.
- Work on budget analysis and year end closings
- Assist human resources managers
- Legal research, particularly on civil rights regulations.
- Data analysis, summarize findings and develop and present reports