The HENAAC Scholars Program addresses the immense need that the United States has to produce more domestic engineers and scientists. The goal of the program is to ensure STEM college retention with a 3.0 grade point average or higher; to guarantee college graduation with an undergraduate technical degree in four-five years; and, to contribute to Hispanic communities by producing STEM role models for future generations and securing the country's place as the finest technological leader in the world.
Basic Scholarship Requirements:
- Applicants must demonstrate leadership through academic achievements and campus/community activities
- Applicants must be Science, Technology, Engineering or Math related majors
- Applicants must have an overall grade point average of 3.0 or higher
- Recipients must be enrolled in an undergraduate or graduate program for the fall 2013 fall semester
- Applicants must be of Hispanic origin and/or must significantly participate in and promote organizations and activities in the Hispanic community
Each Scholarship Recipient Will Receive:
- A scholarship ranging in amounts from $500 to $10,000
- Listing and photo in the HENAAC Conference issue of TECHNiCA Magazine
- Press release on the Great Minds in STEM website
- Transportation support to the 2013 HENAAC Conference in New Orleans
- Recipients will be awarded at the 25th Anniversary HENAAC Conference at the Hyatt Regency Hotel in New Orleans, Louisiana on October 2-5, 2013
- Recipients MUST attend the HENAAC Conference to receive the scholarship
Online Application Must Include:
- A 700 word essay: In 2013 Great Minds in STEM will be commemorating 25 years of STEM excellence. How do you believe your STEM degree will impact your life in the next 25 years?
- Current resume
- One letter of recommendation from a fellow student (can be a friend or a fellow member of a campus or community organization)
- One letter of recommendation from a college advisor, MEP Director, Dean or faculty member (if a high school senior, letter may be written by an advisor or faculty member)
- Official transcript with the seal of your college or high school (may be mailed to our office)
- Files will have to be prepared prior to starting online applicantion and will have to be in PDF format ready for upload in the last section of the online application.
Application Submission Process:
- Visit the Great Minds in STEM website – www.greatmindsinstem.org
- Complete the on-line HENAAC Scholarship Application Form
- Upload your essay, resume, letters of recommendation and transcript
- All documents must be uploaded no later than 11:59 pm PST on April 30, 2013
- An email will be automatically sent verifying receipt of your application
- An email will be sent in May informing you that your application is complete/incomplete
- The names of the selected 2013 HENAAC Scholarship recipients will be announced on our website on Tuesday, August 13, 2013.
For additional information regarding the HENAAC Scholars Program, please contact
Gary Cruz, Ph.D.